Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I have the best family!

Every year at Christmas I am reminded how blessed I am to be in my family. We are crazy, of course, but we love each other so much. I don't know if it's just that my grandparents were super awesome parents, or that we're just naturally awesome. =) I guess that if you start at the beginning, you would start with my grandparents. My Papaw is the kind of man who says what's on his mind. He is what he is, no frills about him. I look up to him so much. I love his bluntness, oh yeah, and the way he pesters my grandmother. I lived with them for six months and the way they interact with each other is priceless. My grandmother is the person who is always right, even when she's wrong. She's opinionated, but I know that more than anything she just loves us! She has an opinion on everything we do and say, but it's her way of showing us love. Then we have my aunts and uncles. They are TOO funny. Each of them, in their own way, brings something different to the family dynamics. I don't know what I would do without them though. They are hilarious. Full of life (among other things), and definitely full of love.

My cousins are the best though! They are the ones that keep things entertaining. Kendra is one of my best friends! She is what keeps me balanced. She and I have always been close and each year, getting to see her, is one of the most exciting things that Christmas brings with it. She is the one that I know will laugh at me and my silliness, no matter what. Then there's Amy...what can I say. It's a good thing God made us cousins, because our parents wouldn't be able to handle us as sisters. She is like another little sister who I have way too much fun with! Everything with us is an inside joke. We can just look at each other and know what the other one is thinking...it's kind of scary actually. =) I am more than blessed to have her in my life. Corrie would be the next one on this very fun list. She's crazy! She's so awesome! She's straightforward and says the things that everyone wants to say but won't! I love her so much. She's growing up so fast. I can't believe she's going to be a cop! CRAZY!!! Dill Pickle! He's insane. I can't believe how tall he is. He has grown up so much. I adore him! Laura, well, she's just Laura. She's so cute because she doesn't get anything! I love it! Playing Apples to Apples with her was way too much fun. I love that girl! Then there's Leah, the little one. What can you say, really? I'm the oldest at 27 and she's the youngest at 10. Everyone else falls in between. We laugh with and love each other! This is what my Christmas is all about...family!

No comments: