Sunday, April 24, 2011

Guys are Morons...

I've decided that I am going to spend the next several months working on a writing project. I want to make sure that I stop on here and update the world on my life. I know that no one really cares, but I like thinking that maybe some random person gets on here and reads what is happening in my life and saying, wow...my life isn't that messed up after all.

Today I posted on Facebook that "Guys are morons"...which then induced an insane amount of responses from guys who are my friends. The truth is that today I finally stood up for myself to a guy who I let take advantage of me for over a year. It wasn't easy, but right now...I feel so much better than I did. We started seeing each other in November of 2009 and continued seeing each other on and off until January of this year...and then...all of the sudden...he stopped talking to me...without explanation. Then I heard he was seeing someone...and it hurt...it broke my heart. I cried for days and I could barely do my job. Hearing his voice or seeing his face added to my hurt and all I wanted to do was escape. I finally started to heal...to feel whole again...and then...he decided to grace me with his presence again...and I felt the hurt all over again. The last few weeks have been so hard...and today I let him know that I couldn't do this anymore.

It hurt and I wanted to cry...but right now...I know that not having him in my life will make my life better.

I am currently in the process of letting God have complete control, but that's so much easier said than done...I am no where near close to where I want to be...but I'm closer than I was. I am going to take these next few months and use them to the best of my ability. I am tired of excuses. I want to see results...

No comments: