Thursday, September 22, 2005

Life is Such a Chore

In a world where things are fast and convenient, life seems as though it is more of a chore than it should be. We wake up and continue through our day doing one thing after another. Why do we work so hard? What is it we are working for? Success? Wealth? Power? Yet, how many of us are actually going to see these, despite how hard we work. And isn't it all subjective? I mean working hard to me could be goofing to you. So then my question remains...why is it that we live life like a chore?

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but today I realized how worn out I am. I guess you could say it has to do with the fact that I have never really had a real job and now I wake up every morning and get ready to mold the minds of the next generation. Most days this doesn't feel like a chore. It is exciting and challenging. It is the getting up so early and going to bed so late and having no time to do anything in between that often makes it feel like a chore.

I suppose life should lived as choice and that each day we should choose to give our best. But when we do have a bump in the road, a day when life feels more like chore, it is then that we must remember the choices we have. Love life or hate it, we must all do it.

No comments: