Monday, November 01, 2004

Being Real With Myself

Every day my life seems to be going more in the right direction. I have decided what I want to do with my life, and now the only question lies in how I will accomplish my goal. I have decions to make and while I know they won't be easy, I am confident that I will make the right ones. I have been struggling for a long time, and now all I want to do is feel at peace.

This weekend was interesting to say the least. I let my Inner Desires out to run loose. I had so much fun, and I don't regret anything. I think sometimes it is good to let yourself just be real. So many times we hide what we want, afraid that we will hurt someone or we will get hurt. I am tired of living in fear, and this weekend I let my fears disappear.

My heart hangs on a delicate balance at times, but I have decided to put a stronger hold on it. I want to think with my brain for a while, and not let my heart control me. I am tired of questioning myself, my desires, and my reasons. I want to make choices and not look back and wonder what if. This is my new outlook, and I don't care if I offend anyone, or do something others don't agree with. This is my life, and I am tired of living it the way others decide. I will move on, and I will move forward. That is my new desire, my new goal.

I want to be real with myself. I no longer want to live the way others think I should, I want to live for me. This is my life, and I will be real. I am tired of the fake people in my life, and I don't want to be the same as they are. I need to be who I need to be right now, and if anyone disagrees, screw 'em. I just need to be for me! I will not back, and I will not give up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

be yourself when you are real. Hold no regrets and live your life thinking with your heart and your brain. It is ok to live with your heart out and to let it do it's thing. Don't let the brain over rule the heart nor let the heart over rule the brain. Be you and be real. Cease becoming and begin to beArtist: Staind Lyrics
Song: So Far Away Lyrics

This is my life
Its not what it was before
All these feelings I've shared
And these are my dreams
That I'd never lived before
Somebody shake me
Cause I, I must be sleeping

(chorus)
Now that we're here,
It's so far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
All the mistakes,
One life contained
They all finally start to go away
Now that we're here its so far away
And I feel like I can face the day
I can forgive and I'm not ashamed to be the person that I am today

These are my words
That I've never said before
I think I'm doing ok
And this is the smile
That I've never shown before

Somebody shake me
Cause I, I must be sleeping

(chorus)

I'm so afraid of waking
Please don't shake me
Afraid of waking
Please don't shake me