Thursday, November 04, 2004

Choices

For those of you who know me well, you are aware that I am obsessed with Dawson's Creek and all things WB. I was scanning through some quotes from random episodes of this particular series and ran across this dialogue between Jack and Joey. I believe this is quite fitting for what I am going through these days, minus the "sleep with Pacey" comment:

Jack : Did it ever occur to you that you're so caught up in trying to make the right choice that you've never stopped to consider the possibility that there may not be a right choice, or a wrong choice, just a bunch of choices?
Joey : Thanks Jack. That's helpful.
Jack : That's the point. You don't need help. There's nothing to figure out here. There's only what you feel.
Joey : What I feel is fear.
Jack : I'm not telling you to sleep with Pacey...
Joey : But...
Jack : All the really exciting things in life require more courage than we currently have. A deep breath and a leap. See Joey, the kind of fear you're talking about... sometimes it's how you know what's worthwhile.

So maybe the fact that I am scared about the future is ok. I kept thinking that I had to have it all figured out and I have been so afraid to make a choice because it might be the wrong one. I like the thought that there isn't a right or a wrong, just a choice. Now the thing is I need to choose.

No comments: