Thursday, August 11, 2005

Give Me Directions!

So, here I am on the road in this thing called life. I take a left and then I make a right, but somehow I am stuck wondering if I should turn around and head in a different direction. I think there have been times when I have hit dead ends, gone the wrong way up a one way or got caught making a u-turn. Why is it that even in life we refuse to stop and ask for directions? Are we scared of what someone might think, or is it that we refuse to relinquish the control? I wonder what would happen if we would just let God take the driver's seat. I have a hunch that we wouldn't end up lost as often as we do.

I think right now, more than ever, I am ready to just let God take over. I feel like I keep making the wrong turns, and if I don't watch out I won't know how to get back to the right road. I want my directions to be guided by God. You know, go to GodQuest.com for directions and let His map lead the way. The Bible is right there for me to refer to and yet so often I find myself relying on my own understanding.

We are so naive to think that we can do any of this on our own. We need his wisdom and guidance to point us in the right direction. I want to let God have control. Why do I struggle with this so much? I mean, he's the one who sent his only Son to die for me and yet I can't even let him guide my path. I hope that I can begin to give him complete control, because as long as I am in the driver's seat, I will be relying on me, and it's time to start relying on Him!

No comments: