Friday, February 05, 2010

Looking Back to Look Ahead

I've been reading through my older posts, and I find myself wishing that I could talk to a younger me and tell her that worrying over things does no good. I wish I could give her a hug and tell her that everything is going to be ok, and that hurting is part of growing up. I wish she knew how amazing she was and that no amount of weight loss, or make up, or clothes are going to make her a better person. I wish she knew to hold on tight to who she is and never let others tell her that she is anything less than the best.

All of this recent reflection has made me realize that my life has never been close to perfect, but I would say that I have lived a good life. Each day I feel as though I learn something new about myself. I have learned that I love to be alone. I know that sounds weird coming from someone who is so hell bent on finding the love of her life...but seriously, I love my alone time. I was supposed to go out with friends tonight, but I found out that I will have the entire house to myself, and now I'm bailing on them to spend time on my own. I just can't help myself, I love the quiet and the fact that I don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to do, or how they will react if I do something, or if I want to watch something that they don't want to.

I have learned that I am stronger and more independent than I give myself credit for. I know who I am inside and out, and I love who I am. This makes me stronger than I've ever been. There is no way that I could be this way if it weren't for everything that I've already been through. I have so much going for me and I tend to put myself down more often than I should.

Each moment that I have lived this life has brought me to the point that I am now and I just have to say...I love standing here, being able to look behind me at where I have been and look ahead to see where I am going...this life just keeps getting better and better...

No comments: