Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Heart On a String...

It's been a while since I've written. Mostly because I've been keeping other blogs and because I'm trying to keep a "by hand" journal. I guess today I just need to talk to someone, so you are it. I have been blessed with some amazing friends, and I know that things never stay the same between friends and that people grow apart and priorities change. I do understand that. I guess it just doesn't make it easy that we were close once and now we feel so distant.

This is one of those times when being single SUCKS! It sometimes feels like all of the people in my life are moving forward when all I do is stay where I am. I hate this feeling of being stagnant. I just want to find where I fit. It's funny, because my life has always been like this. When I was in college, even though I had a lot of "friends" and pretty much everyone knew who I was...I didn't have many people I was really all that close to, and even fewer who included me in social activities. I sometimes think I was involved in activity coordinating so that I could have a social life. I was very lonely in college and I feel like I continue in that loneliness on a regular basis. There are just times when it's more prevalent and I guess now is one of those times.

I suppose more than anything I wanted to talk to someone about my loneliness. It's kind of funny that it's the great wide world of internet where maybe one or two people will pick up on it. I just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening ;)

No comments: