Sunday, January 29, 2012

He Calls Me Beautiful

He says I'm gorgeous. He calls me beautiful. He holds nothing back when it comes to the fact that he wants to spend time with me and get to know me. I am both flattered and flabbergasted. I know that I am pretty and funny. I am witty and charming, but that doesn't keep me from being in a state of awe when a guy is interested in me. I always find it rather ironic that I don't understand why guys aren't interested in me, but the moment they are I wonder why. How does that even work?

I don't know how to explain the fact that I exude confidence but somehow cringe at the idea of a compliment. When someone genuinely tells me I'm beautiful I can't take it seriously. I think somehow there is a hidden camera show that I have become a part of and someone is going to hop out at any moment and say, ha...just kidding.

I want to be open to new possibilities, but the unknown scares me for the most part. I hope that I can at least explore the possibility that someone could find me that attractive. I want to give him a chance...to let him take me to dinner...or walk around the lake...I want to not revert back to the shy girl who doesn't believe someone would be interested in her, but I want to be that amazingly strong woman who knows any guy would be lucky to have her.

Ultimately, I believe that I am beautiful and that one day someone that I believe is worth my time will step up to the plate and be the man I've always imagined I'd be with. I know, without a doubt, that I deserve to be happy more than anything else...so that's what I will do. This guy is a kid who thinks he's smooth...but the truth is...I'm too old for lines that the younger me would have fallen for. I want realism, not romance. I want to be swept off my feet by someone who I can be real with...that is what I find to be something worth waiting for.

No comments: