Monday, February 27, 2006

The One

Tonight I ended up having a long conversation about love. Finding love and keeping love. I know I don't have it all figured out, in fact I am nowhere close to having any part of it figured out. I just really wanted to tell you guys that love is out there...For those of you who are still young, don't give up, and don't let it consume you. I remember when I was 18, I thought that I needed to find someone to marry, that I needed that someone to be complete. I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time worried about that. I wish I didn't spend any time thinking about it now. I'm not worried about finding the person who will be my husband. You know why? Because I am living in God's will...and as long as I am living in that place...and my future husband is living in that place...God will bring us together.

Now, I can't deny that when the possibility appears...I think about if this could be the one, but I have been hurt too many times to let myself open up to the possibility. I want love, but I don't waste my time on something that isn't going to mean anything. Maybe this is too serious (also could be the reason I haven't found anyone)...but I'm a girl who knows what she wants. I don't want to settle...I have done that before.

Right now I want someone who loves my craziness...who thinks that my natural beauty is beauty enough...I want a man who knows I'm amazing, without trying to show him how amazing I am...And I'm not worried that I am not going to find this man...He's out there...I know it...God gives us the desires of our heart.

Ladies...don't give up! There is more to life than a relationship. There is a vast world of individuality that is out there waiting to be explored. Find out who you are, and be firmly grounded in that. Make God your number one priority, and never change for anyone else.

Gentleman...my friends...treat a lady with respect. I read something today that I feel is right for this moment...The person you are with might not be the one you end up with...so treat her the same way you would want another guy to treat your future wife...and really this can be applied to the girls to...keep your purity in tact...it is never worth giving up. Temporary satisfaction is just that...temporary!

Please...take these words to heart...they might not mean anything to anyone but me, but they do mean something...even if only to me...keep searching for God's will and everything else will fall into place...

No comments: