Thursday, December 02, 2004

Tears of Sadness

The days are drawing closer and the time with my friends and family begins to fade away. I am happy about my move, but I also feel a deep sense of melancholy that grips my heart. My life at Warner has been an experience that I will never forget. It is the place where I gained the type of friendships that you never lose. I have started cramming my days with lunches and evenings filled with get togethers. I will miss them all!

I feel as though my posts have been rather vague recently. I apologize for the attempt at distance from my personal life. You see things here have been hitting me like a pound of bricks lately. I have this one friend who has recently been involved with my ex. I do not care one way or another if she is interested, but she vehemently denies any interest on her part. When she first told me, all I asked was that she not come and talk to me about the things that went on between the two of them. Really, who wants to know the details of their ex's dating habits? For some reason this has not gotten through to her. I don't know how to say that I don't care without coming off as though I'm a bit. The truth is though, I don't care. And everytime she says something about it, it kills me. So this is one of my recent personal dilemmas.

The other thing is a guy problem, which I will not discuss in great detail here. I have decided that a relationship is not something I should want, nor be thinking of at this moment. I am tired of putting myself in the trap of opening up just to get hurt. I deserve someone who will treat me the way that I want to be treated. I don't want to continue in this cycle, and so I vow not to date anyone until after I have finished my Master's. I think that I can do this.

With each day it gets closer to my departure. I can't wait to leave, and now one more week is down for the count. I will cry in the next few weeks, tears of sadness. But I know that God is guiding me and so I go.

No comments: