Saturday, October 22, 2005

My Life and the Sadness of Things...

My life is generally bland...I have my friends, my family, my job...but sometimes it feels as though I am stuck in a rut. This weekend was interesting to say the least...I am a multi-faceted person, and anyone who knows me, knows that there are times when it seems I have no control over my emotions...this weekend was no exception...

My brother's roommate and my sister's best friend came to stay with us through the hurricane...which, well, let's face it...wasn't anything like we faced last year, so no skin here...Monday afternoon held us captive and burdened us with cabin fever...we had to get out of the house...and besides...we needed to take Grant back to SEU...so we decided to go to the Lakeland mall...sounded fun...I got to go hang out with my brother and his roommate...I would be the cool older sister...and then we ended up having another one of Brandon's friends go with us...and Brandon's girlfriend...so I felt like a chaperone on a double date...

I HATE BEING THE FIFTH WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone gets the picture there...anyways...on the way to pick up the ladies...my brother states that I might never get married...and that he is likely to get married before me...and he wouldn't be getting married for the next 4-6 years...I will be 30 in six years...I started crying...

My night was gone after that...I couldn't even pretend I was happy...I did get a really cute outfit...and I loved the people I was with, but I went from feeling like I was going to be the cool older sister...to the lame single sister who had nothing better to do than drive my brother and his friends to the mall...

This is beginning to depress me all over...so I believe I will stop...sadness

No comments: