Monday, September 13, 2004

Sigh of Relief

As we look off to the west we seem to take a deep sigh of relief. Ivan is going to pass us by. While I would not wish him on anyone, I am glad that he has taken aim somewhere other than central Florida. I no longer feel the stress that gripped every inch of my being, but I do pray for those who reside in the Panhandle of Florida. It seems that this Hurricane Season has decided to hit the state in all areas. Everywhere you look there is destruction and people are fleeing the state hoping to escape the blast of another storm.

My life is now slowly getting back to what we refer to as normal. School begins in one week, and new students will be arriving on Thursday. It has been a long summer, made longer by the storms that swept through the state. I am looking forward to the sound of students in the lobby. As classes let out the office fills with the sound of exuberant students making their way to converse with other students. I love that sound, so much that I would even say it is one of my favorites.

Today this is all I have. Once my life seems to be back in routine I will have more to say, and will update you on the happenings of my existence. Never stop trying to reach for your dreams, even when the things around you seem to make you cry.

No comments: