Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed, Whelmed

The subject of this entry was inspired by a movie. If you guess correctly you get…a smile, because that is the only thing I can afford. Anyways, I feel as though I am overwhelmed with the amount of things I could talk about right now. I have had so much going on in my life as of late and so I share with you the last couple days of my life.

Yesterday I went to Subway and was amazed at how the three words you hear the most are Jeanne, Francis and Charley. Everywhere I went people were talking about the damage, or the effects, and it just seems crazy to me. We are in the middle of history and, in my sister’s words, “haven’t we seen enough history?”

This weekend was like most others we have had in the last six weeks. Preparing for a hurricane was on the forefront of everyone’s mind. I was most concerned about my friends at Warner and those stuck out in Avon Park. I think I was most relieved when I heard that everyone was ok. Forget the power! Confession: I was happy when mine came on.

Beyond that I am having a moral dilemma. You see, I have been entertaining horrible thoughts. I know what you must be thinking, Jessica, bad thoughts, never, but it is true. I don’t think I will actually tell you the thoughts because that might leave me somewhat vulnerable. Instead I will leave you guessing what it is that my head holds.
The last few days have been amazing because I have been with friends. Faith, I swear I still couldn’t ask for a better friend. She is so sweet, and anyone who makes her cry needs a good, strong kick in the *beep*. Ok, enough of that rant. Tonight Abs and I are going out on the town, watch out Lake Wales! To the rest of you I say, goodbye!

No comments: