Friday, October 01, 2004

Living the Journey

" 'T were better not to breathe or speak,
Than cry for strength, remaining weak,
And seem to find, but still to seek."
-Tennyson

I was reading a book of poetry last night and ran across this stanza. I now have it commited to memory. Something in the words jumps out at me and I feel as though the mysterious voice somehow sees into my soul. I often times want to be stronger, want to be able to face the world with some sense of certainty, and even when I feel that I am, somehow I still want the strength to go on.
"How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."
-Alexander Pope
Last night I also saw, for the first time, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I think that is my new favorite movie. I was describing it to my mom this morning, and she said it sounded deep. The movie was beyond that. I laughed and cried, Kirsten Dunst did an amazing job, as well Jim Carry and Kate Winslet. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. I mean it makes you aware that we have to have the bad memories too. I loved this movie!
Have you ever heard the song, "I Go Back" by Kenny Chesney? I heard that last night and I thought how true it is. I mean, when I hear "Chatahoochee" I think of the softball tournaments, when I hear that song from Armegeddon I think of my first boyfriend, and when I hear Amy Grant songs I think of summer's spent with my friend Amanda. I love looking back at things and remembering how it used to be, but I am thankful that today is here and tomorrow will come, and life goes on. Life is a journey, and mine has just begun.

No comments: