Monday, October 11, 2004

Living in the Moment

Do you ever feel like you are planning everything, and never really living in the moment? I feel like I try too hard to do the right thing. I miss what could be a great experience because I am spending more time thinking than actually doing. Over the last few days I have struggled with thoughts and feelings that I prefer to push aside. I would rather not choose what I want and thus avoiding all matter of conversation involving these thoughts and feelings. It seems to work out well for me.

Right now the truth is that I am going through too much to even make a decision about any of this. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to get hurt. I take a step back and look at the situation before me and come to the conclusion that no matter what, someone is going to get hurt. I think this is why I don't make decisions well, I'm afraid I'll make the wrong choice, and everything will go wrong. Another reason for this is that I have made too many choices based on what others think, that now that I should have my own opinion I don't fully know how to.

I'm tired of the battle that I have been fighting with myself over the last few weeks. I just want to be, and not have to answer any of the hard questions right now. I want to live and let live, and not try to make life affecting choices. I know that in a few months I will be away from this place and so much of the struggles that I face will no longer be staring me down. Someone said today that it sounds as though I am running away, but the truth is I just long to escape. I'm so ready to get out of here, and I don't think people understand. I love them all, but I think what I need more than anything right now is time and space. My head feels so cluttered, and I just think my life would be easier right now if all I did was come to work and go home. I don't want to be a part of this anymore. I know it doesn't make sense, and I promise I'm not depressed, I just need a break.

I have always been everything to everyone, and right now I just need to be everything for me. I've never put myself first, because I believe that a humble heart is so precious and makes me who I am. But right now I am just tired of being there for everyone. I just can't do it anymore. I don't know how else to explain how I feel right now, I just know that I am stugglin'. I go through this cycle a lot and mostly it has to do with my depression, but right now I just think it has to do with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live for today and take care of yourself who cares what others say or think. Be you. Part of caring and loving people is risking and risking being hurt. without risk you can never real get further in a realationship of any kind. Make the choices You want to make do not care what others think. Sure sometimes we screw up an make bad choices bu tit part of life that is how we learn and move on and figure out how to make better decisions.

~Adam